The Rules of Participation in the IPS 2016 Conference
(hereinafter referred to as the “Rules”)
- The Rules specify the rules of participation in the REVOLVE IPS 2016 Conference (hereinafter referred to as the “Conference”) which will be held on 19-23 June 2016 at the premises of the Copernicus Science Centre and the Heavens of Copernicus Planetarium in Warsaw at Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 20.
- The Conference is organised by the Copernicus Science Centre with its seat in Warsaw (postcode: 00-390) at Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie 20, entered into the Register of Cultural Institutions kept by the President of the Capital City of Warsaw under number 2/06 (hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”).
- The Conference may be participated by a natural person or by a legal person who will register for the Conference and pay a fee for participating in the Conference in accordance with the provisions of the Rules.
Registration and Fees for the Participation in the Conference
- In order to participate in the Conference, the following conditions need to be met:
- The registration form (hereinafter referred to as the “Form”) available on the conference website at http://ips2016.org/registration needs to be filled in until 23 June 2016 at the latest;
- The conference fee needs to be paid – the amount of the fee and the transfer details, including the bank account number, are specified at http://ips2016.org/dates-fees.
- Admission to the Conference will be granted only to the persons who have met the requirements specified in pt. 1 above and who have got an identification badge made by the Organiser. The identification badges will be distributed at the reception desk at the Organiser’s office from 19 June 2016. The accompanying persons are allowed to participate in the evening activities for a fee specified at http://ips2016.org/dates-fees.
- The deadline for the payment specified in pt. 1 (2) and made online is 30 May 2016. After this date, the payment for the participation in the Conference will only be possible by a payment card or by cash at the Organiser’s office reception desk. The manner of payment described in the preceding sentence will also be possible on 19-23 June 2016, and the payment needs to be made before entering the Conference.
- Each Participant will be sent a confirmation of their participation booking to the email address that has been specified in the Form.
- In the case of any errors in the Form and/or in order to update the Form, please email the Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Within seven (7) days from the date of payment described in pt. 1 (2), each Participant shall receive a VAT invoice. The invoices will be issued on behalf of the Organiser by Holiday Travel Sp. z o.o. and will be delivered in an electronic format to the email address that has been specified in the Form.
- The buyer’s details in the invoice will be copied from the information specified in the Form.
- If the payment for the participation in the Conference is not made according to the provisions of pt. 3 above within the time limits specified therein, the Organiser has the right to cancel the registration of a person without incurring any liability.
The Course of the Conference
- The Organiser does not guarantee the Participants the opportunity to take part in all scientific sessions that will be held during the Conference. The Organiser does not enrol the Participants for any sessions. The participation in any session is provided on the first-come-first-served basis.
- During the Conference, the Organiser provides the Participants with an opportunity to watch the presentations of all sponsors of the Conference.
- The Organiser shall provide the Participants with conference materials listed at http://ips2016.org/dates-fees. The Participants will be provided with these materials at the main reception desk of the Organiser starting from 19 June 2016.
- Each Participant should cover, at his/her own expense, the costs of accommodation in Warsaw, the costs of transport, and the costs of optional tours organised by the travel agency (Holiday Travel Sp. z o.o.).
- The Participants of the Conference who are also the speakers of the Conference declare that their presentations will not infringe the rights of any third parties, in particular the intellectual property rights.
- The course of the Conference and accompanying events will be recorded by the Organiser in the form of photographs and video recordings.
- The participation in the Conference is equivalent to granting unpaid consent to the recording, photographing, filming or making any other recordings of images or voice in connection with any programme showing the Conference or the activities of the Organiser. The Participants of the Conference shall have no claim against the Organiser in this respect.
- The Participants are obliged to behave in a way that does not endanger the safety of other persons, and in particular they are obliged to comply with the health and safety regulations.
- The Participants are obliged to comply with the instructions of the Organiser or other persons indicated by the Organiser.
- Filling in the Form is equivalent to granting consent to the collection and processing of the personal data specified therein by the Organiser.
- The personal data administrator is the Organiser, whose seat and full name have been specified in para. 1 pt. 2 of the Rules.
- The data of the Participants specified in the Forms shall be used for the purposes of the recruitment for the Conference only, and when the conditions for the participation in the Conference are made – also for the purposes of running the Conference. The personal data will be used according to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws 2014, item 1182). The personal data are collected on a voluntary basis – however, in order to participate in the Conference, the range of data required in the Form have to be specified. Each applicant / Participant has got the right to inspect their data and amend them.
- The personal data shall be processed solely for the purposes connected with the organisation of the Conference, including the preparation of conference materials, development of a mobile application, and the contact information that will be received by all Participants.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for the consequences of provision of incorrect information by a Participant.
Cancellation of Participation in the Conference
- Each Participant may cancel their participation in the Conference. The cancellation should be made in writing and sent to the Organiser’s address specified in para. 1 pt. 2 of the Rules or emailed to email@example.com.
- If a Participant cancels their participation in the Conference until 29 April 2016, the Organiser will return the fee specified in para. 2 pt. 1 (2) less a processing fee in the amount of 10% of the total conference fee. If a Participant cancels their participation in the Conference after the deadline specified in the preceding sentence, or if a Participant makes all necessary payments and does not take part in the Conference, the Organiser shall keep the whole payment specified in para. 2 pt. 1 (2).
- The day of cancellation should be considered the date of recording the notification in the Organiser’s computer system or the date of the delivery of the cancellation note to the seat of the Organiser.
- Any complaints related to the Conference should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than in three (3) days after closing the Conference. Any complaints submitted after the deadline specified in the preceding sentence will not be taken into consideration.
- The complaints will be considered within thirty (30) days of their submission.
- The Organizer's decision concerning the complaint will be sent to the email address specified in the complaint submission.
- If the Conference is not held for reasons attributable solely to the Organiser, the Organizer shall immediately (but not later than in thirty (30) days) return the amounts specified in para. 2 pt. 1 (2) to the bank accounts specified by the Participants.
- If the Conference is not held due to reasons beyond the control of the Organiser (i.e. the so-called force majeure, such as flood, hurricane, storm, etc.), the Organiser shall return the amount specified in para. 2 pt. 1 (2) to the bank accounts specified by the Participants in thirty (30) days from the date of cancelling the Conference. In the case referred to in the previous sentence, the Participant shall not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any other costs incurred in connection with the Conference.
- Any disputes that may arise from the participation in the Conference will be settled by the common court competent for the seat of the Organizer.
- By filling and submitting the Form, a Participant declares their acceptance of the provisions of the Rules, and undertakes to respect them.
- In the matters that are not regulated by the provisions of the Rules, the general laws (and especially the civil code provisions) shall apply.
- The Organiser is not responsible for the property of the Participants that has been brought to the Conference (including property loss of destruction of property).
- The Participants shall bear full financial responsibility for any damage made by them on the premises where the conference activities are carried out.
- The Rules shall become effective on the day of their publication at ips2016.org.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the provisions of the Rules. The amendments shall become effective within seven (7) days from the date of their publication at ips2016.org.
- In case of the amendments in the Rules that may affect the rights or responsibilities of the Participants of the Conference, a Participant shall have the right to cancel their participation in the Conference in seven (7) days from the date of announcing the amendments, and shall be returned the costs of their participation in the Conference. The refund shall be made in thirty (30) days from the date of the Organiser’s receipt of the cancellation. The cancellation note shall be send in writing to the Organiser’s address specified in para. 1 pt. 2 of the Rules or emailed to email@example.com.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend the Conference programme – and any amendments should be immediately communicated at the official Internet service of the Conference at ips2016.org.
- The provisions of the Rules are an integral part of the application for the participation in the Conference made through the Form, and are applicable to all Participants.